Places and Foods, Travel and Food Blog » Blog Archive » The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA
Home » Headline, Places, USA, USA - New York

The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA

20 September 2010 2,565 views 14 Comments

The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA

We have seen it so many times on TV. It is one of the most popular and important icon of New York. It is no other than the Statue of Liberty. During my trip to New York, I managed to see the Statue of Liberty on the cruise. The cruise tour I joined was a sight-seeing tour.

It was a very windy chilly afternoon. I met a Canadian couple on the cruise and had a lengthy chat with them. I was mainly promoting Malaysia for a possible destination for them.

The cruise sight-seeing tour took around 1-2 hours and it passed by the Statue of Liberty and a few famous bridges. Even from far, the Statue of Liberty looks majestic. Sadly, the tour did not include the Liberty Island tour. If not, I would have taken the picture of it nearer.

One of the most notable moments involving the Statue of Liberty would be the “The Disappearance of Statue of Liberty” by Magician David Copperfield and “The Walking Statue of Liberty” in the movie “Ghostbusters 2”.

However, it was good experience as I can witness the Statue of Liberty with my own eyes. This is a must visit place when you are in New York or New Jersey.

Thank you for reading!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popularity: 1% [?]

About us, PlacesAndFoods.com

14 Comments »

• Latest Travel USA Auctions | world travel tours said:

[...] The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA | Places and Foods – Malaysia … [...]

• The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA | Places and Foods – Malaysia … said:

[...] this article: The Statue Of Liberty, New York, USA | Places and Foods – Malaysia … September 20th, 2010 at 5:33 [...]

• La fin de la célébrité | potins sur les célébrités said:

[...] The Statue Of Liberty, New York, army | Places and Foods – Malaya … [...]

• Leo (thule) said:

One of my must visit place before I die :)
    Leo (thule)´s last [type] ..Kitchen Creature @ Centrepoint Bandar Utama PJ

[Reply]

• iamthewitch said:

Majestic indeed
    iamthewitch´s last [type] ..The Making of Wines!

[Reply]

• plastic surgeons said:

Thanks for posting!

[Reply]

• sales jobs said:

Merci!

[Reply]

• fgsff said:

first post

[Reply]

• weighty said:

gonna send this to my mom

[Reply]

• statue of liberty tours said:

The only way to get to the liberty island is by using the Statue of liberty-Ellis island Ferry system. You can also enjoy the view of the island and statue from the top by using the liberty helicopter service provided. All visitors are permitted to visit the liberty island ground and the Ellis island immigration museum regardless of their selected ticket options.

[Reply]

• jade said:

statue of liberty facts

[Reply]

• Yong Neimeyer said:

Yes approve with the largest part of what’s getting stated here, I’m thankful uncovered this subject. :) I was a short time ago having a dialogue concerning this along with my smart brother at the jobsite.

[Reply]

• feedproxy.google.com said:

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds alsoâ?¦. Greetings from the Speedy DNS

[Reply]

• Alex Green said:

Statue Of Liberty facts
    Other than representing freedom the 7 spikes represent either 7 seas (Arctic, Antarctic, North & South Atlantic, North & South Pacific, Indian) or 7 continents ( North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia ).5 windows in the crown represent the “natural minerals” of the earth.Toga represents,The Ancient Republic of Rome.The Torch represents Enlightenment. Chains underfoot represent Liberty crushing the chains of slavery. Location of alternate entrance Sole of Liberty’s right foot.
    Alex Green´s last [type] ..By- vareeja

[Reply]

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: