How to apply Japan Visa in Malaysia
How to apply Japan Visa in Malaysia
How to apply Japan Visa in Malaysia? With low fares now from Air AsiaX and they are flying to Tokyo’s Haneda Airport and Osaka’s Kansai Airport a few times a week from Kuala Lumpur, there are more Malaysians now traveling to Japan either with travel companies or by themselves.
We were supposed to backpack in Japan this March. However, due to the natural disasters which happened just a few days before our trip, we had to call it off. Hence, we are planning to go again next year. Visiting Japan is our main objective next year and we would love to go backpacking.
Do we need a Japan Visa to travel to Japan? In actual we don’t need one but due to many past incidents of Malaysians overstaying and abusing the privilege, it is best that we have one. It is FREE of Charge anyways.
Since 1993, Malaysian nationals are strongly encouraged to obtain a visa prior to entering into Japan.
The visa-exemption arrangements between Japan and Malaysia have allowed Malaysian nationals who meet relevant conditions can enter into Japan without a visa for a period of stay not exceeding three(3) consecutive months.
However, in order to cope with the large number of Malaysians who overstay in Japan and work illegally, the Government of Japan decided to encourage Malaysian nationals to obtain visa prior to entry into Japan in order to ensure smooth entry. – Embassy of Japan, Malaysia
Requirements as below:
HOLIDAY AND TRANSIT in Japan
1. Original Malaysia passport
2. One (1) visa application form (downloadable) and print it and filled it up.
3. One (1) photo (4.5cm x 4.5cm) with white background which is taken within 6 month from the visa application and must be pasted on the application form (It is the same format / dimension with US Visa requirement)
4. IItinerary in Japan (downloadable) and for transit purpose, copy of visa to the main destination (USA, CANADA, etc)
5. Employment certificate stating your position, department in the company and length of service(using the company letterhead). You can also ask your HR (Human Resource department) to state how long you have been working there and also state how long will be your leave to Japan. Only ORIGINAL COPY of Company Leave Letter is accepted (with Company Letter Head).
*If you are a sole proprietor/partner/owner of the company, you need to submit a copy of your business registration
*For those who are not working: a self explanatory letter stating how expenses will be borne, name and relationship of person(s) accompanying (if any)
6. Personal savings, latest current account statement, fixed deposit, Tabung Haji or Amanah Saham Berhad (ASB) (original certified true copy by the bank) (need to show the applicant’s name as the account owner, account number and current balance). If you didn’t stamp your statement, they will ask you to go back to do so with your respective banks. Don’t waste time and chances, just go to your bank and Certified True Copy it!
*You must have at least RM 6000 in your bank account for Japan Visa approval. This is an unofficial requirement for the approval, if you have more than RM 6000 then its better.*
7. Copy of marriage certificate (spouse) or birth certificate (children) to show proof of relationship between the main applicant and the person(s) accompanying.
If your wife is working, she does not need to show her financial records but she needs to present her original Company Leave Letter.
1. Please arrange all the documents according to the sequence. Documents submitted will not be returned.
2. All photocopies must be on A4 size paper.
3. Collection of passport will be three (3) working days for Malaysian (subject to approval).
4. It is better to apply the VISA in the morning as there will be two counters handling visa applications, in the afternoon only one counter will be opened for visa application as the other one is closed for Passport collection.
5. Lunch time is 12.00pm to 2.00pm, so they are closed at that time. I was caught unaware of it and wasted my time going there.
6. No mobile phones and cameras are allowed to bring it. You have to deposit them at the security guard house.
7. Go to the door on the right once you enter the Embassy and please take a number for Visa Application and wait for your turn.
8. For Passport collection, just go to the end counter and pass them the receipts. You are not required to take any numbers.
9. Visa is only valid for 3 months so please plan your application wisely.
*THE EMBASSY OF JAPAN HAS THE RIGHT TO REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS OR CALL THEAPPLICANT FOR AN INTERVIEW* - Sources from Embassy of Japan, Malaysia
For Other Purposes Visiting Japan please visit Embassy of Japan Malaysia Official Website.
The Embassy of Japan is directly opposite Restaurant Bombay Palace at Persiaran Stonor. There are no parking bays available there. The building is white in colour it is just beside the Jalan Tun Razak and opposite of the US Embassy.
EMBASSY OF JAPAN Address and Contact:
11, PERSIARAN STONOR
OFF JALAN TUN RAZAK
50450 KUALA LUMPUR
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8.30 a.m. – 12.00 noon
2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.
TEL: 603-2177 2600
FAX: 603-2143 1739
Popularity: 21% [?]