Over 200000 Room Nights Booked for July to September 2021 in Phuket
Phuket is opened for International Tourists from selected countries since 1 July 2021 with the Phuket Sandbox project. Since the Phuket Sandbox project, there are 5710 International travelers and 5,700 tested negatives for COVID 19. The interesting fact is there are over 200000 room nights booked for July to September 2021 in Phuket.
Over 200000 Room Nights Booked for July to September 2021 in Phuket at SHA+ Hotels. Just in the month of July, there are 174,443 room nights, Aug – 29197 room nights and Sep – 2243 room nights.
There are daily 11 local COVID cases with zero International cases while total doses administered in Phuket is 85% while second dose is 68%. This is the how the Phuket and their government worked together to make the Phuket Sandbox Project possible. To have mass vaccination drive to all residents in Phuket as soon as possible.
What are the requirements for foreign tourists to Phuket?
- Applicable for international travellers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date. They must also be from countries/regions with a low to medium risk of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
- Applicable for children under 6 years of age travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
- Applicable for children between 6 and 18 years of age travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians, but they are required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival at their own expense.
- All vaccinated international arrivals must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- All arrivals are required to download and install the alert application.
- All arrivals are required to stay in an accommodation establishment that is certified with the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) Plus certification.
- For travellers who wish to visit Phuket only, no minimum stay is required but they must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
- For travellers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations, they must stay in Phuket for 14 nights, and thereafter will be allowed to travel domestically.
- All COVID-19 tests must follow the guidelines by the MoPH.
- Travellers are allowed to engage in any tourism activities but are advised to strictly follow the DMHTTA precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
Full requirements at: https://www.placesandfoods.com/2021/06/requirements-to-enter-phuket-on-1-july-2021.html
What is SHA+ hotels?
To be awarded the SHA certification, a business must have in place the necessary safety and hygiene standards to control COVID-19.
The SHA+ certification indicates a business also has at least 70% of its employees fully vaccinated.
The Amazing Thailand SHA certification is a key component of the efforts to control COVID-19. It was introduced in May 2020, and has been certified by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) in alignment with the WTTC SafeTravels global health and hygiene standardised protocols.
To date, there are 1,389 SHA-certified venues and businesses across Phuket in the accommodation, restaurant and dining, travel agency, and other sectors. More than 460 of these have SHA+ certification, a number which is continuously growing as all SHA establishments are encouraged to apply for this.
While, the “SHA Plus” Certificate was just introduced when talking about reopening country and means that the certified business not only meets the usual SHA certification criteria but also at least 70% of hotel or business staffs have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For example, The Vijitt Resort Phuket and Beyond Patong are SHA Plus resorts means at least 70% of hotel or business staffs have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How did Phuket get over 200000 Room Nights Booked for July to September 2021?
If you read it properly, it is room nights and not rooms booked. Every travelers are required to stay in Phuket for 14 nights.
Every single or two travelers will need to book 14 nights and probably more since you are in Phuket and hence why not spend another couple of weeks in this island of paradise.
Just a quick calculation, for 1000 visitors already booked 14000 room nights for the minimum requirement. We also take note that there are some couple visitors or family visitors but you do need to understand that there might be long stays involved too.
In short, the numbers of aver 200000 Room Nights Booked for July to September 2021 in Phuket are real and it could be increased in upcoming weeks depending the situation in Phuket and other countries. From what we read and the reports, the Phuket Sandbox Project is so far so good despite some local COVID cases.
The Phuket Sandbox project is a positive project that offers local tourism industry as well as local community a huge boosting in terms of income and revenue. Just for your information, Samui Plus project is already started since 15 July 2021.