YourSingapore Celebrates A Starlit Christmas This Year
Christmas is coming soon and every year there is the annual Christmas Light-Up along Orchard Road and Marina Bay area. The Christmas Light-Up has been an annual tourist attraction since decades ago. My first Christmas Light-Up experience in Singapore was in 1990. I spent 10 hours walking and shopping at Orchard Road that Christmas Eve. After years have passed, I still remember clearly the unforgettable moments and the beautiful lights at Orchard Road.
This year, a friend told me that the theme at Orchard Road will be starlit Christmas. I can begin imagine all the twinkling stars lining the streets of Orchard Road and the pretty baubles. It will be a magical sight to behold.
So when I heard that Singapore Tourism Board is organising this “Light Up Christmas in Singapore”, I was very excited as it brought back many fond memories. The contest starts from 18th November till 8th December, 2010 and the contest page is yoursingapore.com/lightupchristmas
Light Up Christmas in Singapore Contest Prizes
Okay, let’s talk about the prizes first before the mechanics of the contest as it will be much more enticing. There will be daily prizes of an iPod Shuffle for the fastest person to complete the light-up within the day. Thus, the top 10 fastest time of each day will be running to win the Grand Prize of 3D2N trip to Singapore to enjoy 12 special experiences! For first and second runner ups, they will also win a pair of air tickets, shopping vouchers and also Singapore Flyer tickets.
Light Up Christmas Contest Mechanics
So how do I participate this? For interested participants, you just need to invite your friends on yoursingapore.com/lightupchristmas to help you light up the YourSingapore logo. Any of your friends who click on the link in the email sent to them will light up a portion of your logo. You will need 12 friends to click on the link to fully light up your logo. The strategy is to light up the logo the fastest.
It is real simple. And if you have already helped a friend light-up the logo, you can join the contest too and you will already have one spot lit-up by the friend that invited you. So you only need 11 more!
The contest sounds really easy to me, and so many prizes to be won! I will definitely try my luck on the iPod Shuffle and will give it to Rachel if I win it and I am also aiming for the Grand Prize. I don’t mind going to Singapore for 3D2N for FREE! Now that’s a free holiday to me with very little efforts! Well, “Christmas” does come early in Singapore!
What to do in Singapore? Here are 12 ideas to explore…
- A starry Christmas Light-Up experience at Orchard Road and Marina Bay
- Party from dusk to dawn at Zoukout (11 Dec 2010)
- See 20 life-size dinosaurs brought to life to roam the Indoor Stadium of Singapore – Walking with Dinosaurs. (1-10 Dec 2010)
- Another show that you must catch is the Riverdance (30 Nov-12 Dec) at the new Marina Bay Sands theater!
- Visit the Valentino Retrospective Past/Present/Future exhibition at Resorts WorldTM Sentosa to see the works of fashion maestro, Valentino Garavani, from the 1950s to his last collection in 2008.
- Shopping at Orchard Road (for sure)! Be rewarded when you shop at participating malls at Orchard Road with VISA. Log on to www.visagoexplore or www.orchardroad.sg for more information on the rewards.
- One of the must-go-to in Singapore this year is the Universal Studios Singapore! Nuff said.
- For a stunning view of the city, you MUST visit the Sands SkyPark® at Marina Bay Sands®.
- Usher in the New Year at the Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2010 with performances by local and international artists as well as fireworks and pyrotechnics.
- Alternatively, party till the New Year when the Clarke Quay New Year’s Eve Countdown Party 2010.
- Instead of countdown in the city, escape to the Siloso Beach Party for 10 hours of non-stop music and a whole lot of fireworks too!
- Herald in the New Year from up high on Mount Faber, inside the freshly made over, Jewel Box Cable Car, for a spellbinding symphony of fireworks and lights.
For more information, on Singapore or to make flights of accommodation bookings, you can log on to YourSingapore.com.