NSW Tops Lonely Planet’s Australian Travel Adventure List
If you love travel adventures, time to plan your next destination to New South Wales. NSW has been named ahead of other states as offering the most in ultimate adventure travel experiences in Australia by global travel authority, Lonely Planet.
Published this month, Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Adventures features 100 top 10 lists of the world’s most exciting activities and challenges to captivate and inspire gung-ho adventurers and armchair travellers – from the epic to the local, on land, sea and in the air.
Destination NSW CEO, Sandra Chipchase said: “NSW offers a huge diversity of exclusive adventure travel experiences and to be acknowledged by such a world renowned travel publishing organisation as Lonely Planet is recognition of the world-class quality of our tourism products.
“Nine NSW-based thrills have been listed by the Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Adventures guide from 58 of Australia’s ultimate adventure experiences.”
“To be chosen ahead of other Australian states in this highly competitive field is a great achievement and is a testament to the unique experiences that NSW has to offer visitors,” Ms Chipchase said.
An international group of 30 travel writers selected the nine NSW travel adventures to appear in the publication, including:
• Adventures in Tandem: Abseil in the Blue Mountains
• Best City Hikes: Great Coastal Walk, Sydney
• Best Hidden Huts & Shelters: Illawong Lodge, Kosciuszko National Park
• Best Urban Climbing Adventures: Plumbers Mate, Bondi Sea Cliffs
• Get on Board!: Wakeboarding, Stoney Park, Telegraph Point
• Legendary Odysseys: Captain James Cook Collection, Australian Museum, Sydney
• Most Spectacular Honeymoon Adventures: Lady Bay Beach, Sydney
• Most Thrilling Canyoning Adventures: Blue Mountains
• Old School Adventures: Australian Billycart Championships, Corowa.
Looks like I have a lot of catch up to do if I’m visiting NSW again.
For a full list of other NSW adventure experiences, please visit: visitnsw.com/things-to-do/adventure-and-sport and sydney.com/things-to-do/nature-and-parks