AirAsia Starts Charging Check In Counter Fees up to RM 30
Starting 1 September 2020, Airasia will start charging Check-In Counter Fees to encourage passengers to use contactless check-ins as well as mobile app. The AirAsia Check In Counter Fees is priced at RM 20 for Domestic Flight and RM 30 for International Flight in Malaysia.
According to the Airasia Website, a counter check-in fee is applicable when a guest chooses to check-in for their domestic or international flight at an airport check-in counter in countries or cities listed below:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
Counter check-in fees in other currencies as follows:
You can conveniently avoid paying the counter check-in fee by opting to check-in using the AirAsia.com website, mobile app or airport kiosks.
On top of that, a waiver of the counter check-in fee will apply for the following guests and situations:
- Guests with reduced mobility
- Guests travelling with an infant (under 24 months of age)
- Young guests travelling alone (YPTA)
- Guests affected due to schedule changes and flight cancellations
- No airport check-in kiosks are available or all check-in kiosks are unserviceable
- Guests who are unable to complete web, mobile or kiosk check-in due to a system error*
- Guests who purchase a seat upgrade or other additional paid services at the check-in counter.
- BIG Platinum and BIG Black Members
- Premium Flex and Flatbed guests
- Red Carpet guests
- Guests on travel warrant and government bookings
- Sky Marshals on duty
* System error – Guests who encountered a ‘system error’ while checking-in
via the web, mobile or airport kiosk will receive a notification requesting
them to proceed to the check-in counter.
The AirAsia Check In Counter Fees can be paid with cash or credit card in the airport, or pre-booked online using the “My Booking” feature on airasia.com website and mobile app.
For those who followed our blog, we were promoting the Hong Leong Bank AirAsia Platinum Card and you can read it at https://www.placesandfoods.com/2018/12/airasiahongleong.html. You can check in without paying the check in fees when you are using the HLB AirAsia Platinum Card.