Tune Hotel Penang Review: My First Budget Hotel Review3 min read
Few things I had discover about my first experience with Tune Hotel which I want to share:
- No Television or LCD/ Plasma.
- The Air Conditioner is Chargeable by hours, check at the counter for rates.
- No amenities, you have to bring your own or get it at the mini part.
- No complimentary mineral water, buy your own
- No breakfast
- No telephone so there are no room services. You have to go to the counter for any requests.
- WIFI is chargeable but it is slow
- The room walls are thin
- Room rates was less than RM 80, within my budget
10. Check out time is at 10 am
11. Rooms are well maintained, tidy and clean
12. Modern and comfortable room ambient, I had a decent sleep
13. There are advertisements in the room, not annoying but just to mentioned
14. Glossy glass bathroom doors
Always check how much aircondition credit you used and left. You want to get black out, trust me.
Well, there was no problem during my stay there. Everything was sorted out nicely. I like it there as the place is near to many popular tourists spots as well as food courts, restaurants and so on. Very convenient for me and also the parking space does help a lot. For budget traveler, this could be a choice for you.
Tune Hotel Penang Address:
100 Burmah Road,
George Town, Penang
3 thoughts on “Tune Hotel Penang Review: My First Budget Hotel Review”
i guess for <rm80, that is seriously the best that you can ever pay for already
Thank you so much for your post on our Downtown Penang hotel. Just to update you, based on guest feedback such as yours, we have recently begun to add LCD TVs with selected Astro channels in our hotels beginning with out Danga Bay & Kota Damansara hotels. Downtown Penang will be equipped with them soon in the coming months. Usage of the TVs however are optional and will be charged RM9.99 per day usage.
Also, you mentioned to watch the usage of electricity to avoid black out under the picture of our key card slot. I would like to clarify that we do not charge for electricity and there is no time limit to its usage. Guests need only pay for the air-con which is optional and the credit countdown is for the air-con usage only.
We are also testing late checkout option at our Downtown Penang hotel, which guests may choose during the booking process. Guests can choose this late check-out option (online only) for RM15 to checkout at 1pm.
Appreciate your feedback and write-up and we look forward to welcoming you as our guest again 🙂
Thanks & regards,