Malaysians Can Travel to Phuket Without Quarantine
Good news for Malaysians travelers to Phuket. The Thailand Embassy of Kuala Lumpur just released the official statement on their Facebook Page that Malaysians Can Travel to Phuket Now Without Quarantine.
If you are planning to visit Phuket or Thailand, please read on as there are requirements for Malaysians to enter Phuket for the Phuket sandbox at this time.
Here are the requirements:
Annoucement on PHUKET SANDBOX (exemption of quarantine for those fully vaccinated) effective on 1 October 2021 onwards
Requirements to enter Phuket Sandbox
1. Reside in Malaysia for no less than 21 days
2. Fully vaccinated for no less than 14 days prior to the departure date (children under 18 are eligible to follow their parents)
3. Health insurance that expressly covers COVID-19 treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of no less than 100,000 USD. More information: https://covid19.tgia.org
4. Book for SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration Plus) hotels for at least 7 days through https://entrythailand.go.th or https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists
5. Make payment of 3 COVID-19 RT-PCR which pre-paid receipt can be issued from https://www.thailandpsas.com (children under the age of 6 must undergo one saliva test upon arrival)
6. Apply for Certificate of Entry (COE) through https://coethailand.mfa.go.th and choose Phuket Sandbox
Entering Phuket Sandbox
1. Approved Certificate of Entry (COE)
2. Present RT-PCR negative test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure time at airline’s check-in counter
3. Enter Thailand via Phuket airport only (transit in Bangkok or other provinces NOT ALLOWED)
4. Undergo 3 COVID-19 RT-PCR during your stay in Phuket (children under the age of 6 must undergo one saliva test upon arrival)
5. Travellers who fail to meet the criteria must be quarantined for 14 days or leave Thailand immediately
Travellers who are not fully vaccinated or fully vaccinated less than 14 days prior to depature date may enter Phuket and quarantine at Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel for 10 days.
Please contact our chat box if you need assistance.
We blogged about the Phuket Sandbox since they started the blueprint earlier this year and we received many enquiries from followers and friends since then. This is definitely great news for Malaysians who want to travel to Phuket either for work, holiday or meeting their girlfriends / family members.
It is official! Malaysians Can Travel to Phuket Without Quarantine! Please plan your holiday or trip to Phuket safely. Take care and be safe everyone!