How long do you need to apply Australia ETA
Time to update some important news about Australia Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). We have not been traveling to Australia since 2018 but we do monitor comments from other travellers in travel groups. There are many questions on How long do you need to apply Australia ETA for Malaysians.
After talking to Tourism Australia Malaysia, it is advisable for travellers to take at least 4 weeks to apply Australia ETA. This is the comfortable period just in case, there are rejections in between while you apply Australia ETA.
Please take note that the processing time has improved to average 5 to 9 days compare to months ago but it is advisable that you prepare at least four weeks to apply Australia ETA.
We have family members who got it at the same day but it depends on individual as well as past travel history to Australia and many other factors.
If you have genuine interest in traveling to Australia, we believe you will get your Australia ETA at the end of the day.
How to apply for Australia ETA?
We recommend that you lodge a visa application early – at least 4 weeks in advance.
To lodge an application the Australian ETA app is the only available channel to apply for an ETA: Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority (homeaffairs.gov.au).
You must lodge your ETA using the Australian ETA app
Each applicant for an ETA must apply using the app. If you need to lodge a new application, you must use the Australian ETA app to apply again.
If you have not received your ETA notification, check your emails (including your junk mail / spam folders) for an email from us. You may need to wait up to 12 hours after applying to receive your notification. You can also confirm if your application has been approved by checking your visa status through the AustralianETA app (if you applied through the app) or by using the Check an ETA function.
Steps for completing an ETA application
- Submit the ETA application using the Australian ETA app. You must lodge your ETA using the Australian ETA app.
- Wait for a notification. If you have not received your ETA notification, check your emails (including your junk mail / spam folders) for an email from us. You may need to wait up to 12 hours after applying to receive your notification.
- If you receive a letter by email requesting further information, click on the link in the letter “submit an online form through ImmiAccount”.
- Log in or create your ImmiAccount (if you do not already have one).
- Follow the steps to complete your ETA application by clicking the “next” button.
- Attach Form 1554: ETA request for further processing and your supporting documents in ImmiAccount.
We hope this clarifies all the questions on How long do you need to apply Australia ETA. Of course, we hope to travel to Australia again one day!
You can read all our stories about Australia at: https://www.placesandfoods.com/category/australia