32 Bangkok Locations for Loi Krathong 2022 Celebrations
One of Thailand’s most popular and most visually stunning annual festivals, Loi Krathong is celebrated during the full moon of the 12th month of the Thai lunar calendar. This year the festival is on Tuesday, 8 November. This is the reason why we are listing the 32 Bangkok Locations for Loi Krathong 2022 Celebrations.
Loi Kratong is also known as the ‘Festival of Lights’ and the floating lantern festival, Loi Krathong sees people everywhere gather in the evening at lakes, rivers, canals, and beaches to participate in the celebrations and pay respect to the goddess of water.
In Thai, the word Loi means ‘float’ and Krathong means ‘container, boat, or vessel’, and people float a krathong decorated with candles and flowers onto the water. The Thais believe this is a way to rid oneself of bad luck and negative feelings, and to bring good luck and positive feelings.
32 Bangkok Locations for Loi Krathong 2022 Celebrations from 7-8 November:
1. Loi Krathong at ICONSIAM
2. Thawi Wanarom Park, Thawi Watthana District
3. Thonburirom Park, Thung Khru District
4. Bang Khae Phirom Park, Bang Khae District
5. Lumphini Park, Pathumwan District
6. Peace Park, Ratchathewi District
7. Waree Phirom Park, Khlong Sam Wa District
8. Ramintra Sports Park, Bang Khen District
9. Rommanee Thung Si Kan Park, Don Mueang District
10. Benchasiri Park, Khlong Toei District
11. Chaloem Phrakiat Park 80th Birthday, Sathon District
12. Chalerm Phrakiat Park, 6 rounds, Bang Kho Laem District
13. Public Park, Bueng Lat Phrao 71, Lat Phrao District
14. Nong Chok Park, Nong Chok District
15. Ratphirom Park, Nong Chok District
16. Garlic Bueng Garden, Min Buri District
17. Phraya Phirom Park, Min Buri District
18. Suan Luang Rama 8, Bang Phlat District
19. Sirinthara Phrueksaphan Park, Bangkok Noi District
20. Chaloem Phrakiat Park 80th Birthday, Bangkok Noi District
21. Saranrom Park, Phra Nakhon District
22. Rommaninat Park, Phra Nakhon District
23. Santi Chai Prakan Park, Phra Nakhon District
24. Khlong Ong Ang, Phra Nakhon District
25. Phra Nakhon Park, Lat Krabang District
26. 60th Anniversary Park, Lat Krabang District
27. Wanatham Park, Prawet District
28. 50th Anniversary Garden, Prawet District
29. Seri Thai Garden, Bueng Kum District
30. Nawamin Phirom Park, Bueng Kum District
31. Chatuchak Park, Chatuchak District
32. Wachirabenjathat Park (Railway Park), Chatuchak District
Amazing Night Light of Loi Krathong 2022
6-8 November – At the Santi Chai Prakan Public Park.
“Wan Phen Yen Jai” Bangkok River Festival 2022
5-8 November – at 10 Landmarks along the Chao Phraya River, namely Wat Pho, Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchaworawihan, Wat Rakhang Kositaram Woramahawihan, Wat Kalayanamit Woramahawihan, Wat Prayurawongsawat Worawihan, Guan Yu Shrine (Khlong San), Tha Maharaj, The LHONG 1919, Asiatique The Riverfront, and SOOKSIAM at ICONSIAM.
We experienced Loi Krathong in Chiang Mai in the past and you can read it at https://www.placesandfoods.com/2021/11/yi-peng-and-loy-krathong-festival-in-chiang-mai.html and you also read all our stories on Thailand at: https://www.placesandfoods.com/category/thailand
This is the 32 Bangkok Locations for Loi Krathong 2022 Celebrations and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we do! Happy traveling in Bangkok and Thailand.