COVID 19 Public Advisory Paradigm Mall Petaling Jaya
This is just posted minutes ago by the official Facebook page of Paradigm Mall Petaling Jaya today (5 October 2020). Sadly, there is a Covid 19 case involves Brands Outlet (Lot CF05 and CF07) (“Tenant’) was reported to have tested positive for Covid-19 on 5 October 2020
The following is the full statement by Paradigm Mall Petaling Jaya as on 5 October 2020 on their Facebook Page.
[COVID-19 PUBLIC ADVISORY BY]:
PARADIGM MALL PETALING JAYA, 5 OCTOBER 2020
Paradigm Mall Petaling Jaya would like to inform that one of the staff at Brands Outlet (Lot CF05 and CF07) (“Tenant’) was reported to have tested positive for Covid-19 on 5 October 2020.
• We are given to understand that the staff has a roommate (who is not a staff of the outlet or any other tenant of the mall) who recently returned from Sabah on or about 27 September 2020.
• We have further been informed that the said staff was on annual leave from 27 September 2020 to 1 October 2020. He had only reported to work on Friday, 2 October 2020 during which, the outlet confirmed, his temperature was below 37.5 and he did not have any symptoms.
• Subsequently, the staff was contacted and notified by the Ministry of Health (MOH) that his roommate had tested positive for Covid-19. Accordingly, he applied for medical leave commencing from Saturday 3 October 2020, to undergo testing himself and did not report to work nor enter the mall since last reporting to work last Friday.
We are currently monitoring the progress closely and will be providing the necessary support to the Tenant following the safety and health guidelines by MOH.
All the Tenant’s other staff members as well as people who were in direct contact with the said staff are being traced, notified and advised to immediately self-quarantine and to seek immediate medical assistance if they begin to display any symptoms or feel unwell.
The health and wellbeing of our tenants, vendors, staff and most of all, our customers are our utmost priority and the mall has ordered an immediate closure of the outlet. The mall and the outlet will be undergoing a thorough sanitsation process immediately in adherence to the Ministry of Health’s guidelines.
We would like to assure all tenants, vendors and customers that the case is an isolated one and, upon identification, has been immediately attended to. In addition, the mall has been continuously practising multiple preventive measures and mitigation steps since the beginning of the pandemic, including:
• Performing daily sanitisation of the mall areas, including sanitisation every 2 hours for high touch areas, in accordance with the procedures and protocols advised by the regulatory authorities.
• Strict temperature screening procedures using contactless thermal scanners and contact tracing through MySejahtera and internally developed Servedeck contact tracing application, at all entry points.
• Requiring the use of facemasks inside our premises
• Limiting entry points at the mall for better crowd control
• Encouraging frequent hand washing and sanitising
• Requiring adherence to social distancing requirements
Paradigm Mall will continue to take and implement extensive and high standards of safety precautions and measures to keep our mall clean and hygienic. We urge all our shoppers, tenants and staff to work together with us by adhering strictly to all published SOP’s, including wearing face masks, practising good personal cleanliness and hygiene and maintaining social distancing, to help keep our mall safe for all. We seek the understanding and strong support of our shoppers while we face and overcome this challenging period.Source: https://www.facebook.com/ParadigmPJ/posts/4499484613455912
We will update more on COVID 19 cases as it starts to get triple digit cases daily. Please stay put within these two weeks until the COVID 19 cases back single digit. Let’s flatten this curve everyone. Kita jaga kita. Please take care and be safe.