AirAsia Counter Check-In Fee Increases 1 March 2022
Just a quick announcement on AirAsia Counter Check-in Fee. The AirAsia Counter Check-In Fee Increases by 1 March 2022 for both Domestic Flight and International Flight. There is no official announcement on their website but they have already revised to the new AirAsia Counter Check-In Fee structure starting by 1 March 2022.
AirAsia started to charge check in counter fees starting 1 September 2020. We did a short article about it and you can read it at: https://www.placesandfoods.com/2020/09/airasia-starts-charging-check-in-counter-fees-up-to-rm-30.html
According to the Airasia Website, a counter check-in fee is applicable when a guest chooses to check-in for their domestic or international flight at an airport check-in counter in countries or cities listed below:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
Now let’s compare the old counter Check-in Fees with the new fee structure,
Counter check-in fees (2020 – End of Feb 2022)
New Counter check-in fees (March 2022)
In short the AirAsia will increase the check in fees for Domestic Flight (RM 20) and International Flight (RM 30) to RM 100 for both flights by 1 March 2022. The increment is like 5x for domestic flights and 3x for International flights. Well, we are not going to comment on that because we are HLB AirAsia Platinum Card holder so we have exemption for that.
You can conveniently avoid paying the counter check-in fee by opting to check-in using the AirAsia.com website, mobile app or airport kiosks.
On top of that, a waiver of the counter check-in fee will apply for the following guests and situations:
· Guests with reduced mobility
· Guests travelling with an infant (under 24 months of age)
· Young guests travelling alone (12 to 16 years old)
· Staff travel: Standby ID90/ID90X
· Guests affected due to schedule changes and flight cancellations
· No airport check-in kiosks are available or all check-in kiosks are unserviceable
· Guests who are unable to complete web, mobile or kiosk check-in due to a system error*
· Guests who purchase a seat upgrade or other additional paid services at the check-in counter
· airasia platinum and airasia black members
· Premium Flex (except for AirAsia India) and Flatbed guests
· Corporate Full Flex (GCP) and Corporate Lite guest (GCPL) (except for AirAsia India)
· Red Carpet guests
· Red Pass (AirAsia India only)
· Guests on travel warrant and government bookings
· Sky Marshals on duty
· Guest who has self checked-in, however, needs to reprint a boarding pass at the check-in counter
· Senior citizens aged 70 and above
* System error – Guests who encountered a ‘system error’ while checking-in
via the web, mobile or airport kiosk will receive a notification requesting
them to proceed to the check-in counter.
The AirAsia Check In Counter Fees can be paid with cash or credit card in the airport, or pre-booked online using the “My Booking” feature on airasia.com website and mobile app.
For those who followed our blog, we were promoting the Hong Leong Bank AirAsia Platinum Card and you can read it at https://www.placesandfoods.com/2018/12/airasiahongleong.html. You can check in without paying the check in fees when you are using the HLB AirAsia Platinum Card.